Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September 1, 2010

Wow,
a new month and summer is over after this next week! that is according to the weatherman.. hope he is correct. Countdown for Sept 7th at work and not excited about it at all. At Mayo, we are getting a new computer system which will tie Jacksonville, Florida and Arizona together on the same system and will allow us to grow since IDX has more than served its time and can't grow anymore.
This is exciting however we have to work on Labor Day to set up all the calendars and make sure all is working by Tues.. Start up day.. I keep telling myself .. "I can do this, I can do this, This is going to be a piece of cake.. I totally hope so.
I did a trial run last week, taking 3 hours to do my "make up patient..Phillip and scheduled everything and went to check on his "make up" appointment only to find it totally disappeared. even the "super user" of the system couldn't find it.. Scary.. this new system is called the "click, click" system since you have to double click a majority of the time. Just keep your fingers crossed and pray for me and my coworkers.. that the patients will have patience with us.. good night..